This tutorial will show you how to install game CIA files to your 2DS/3DS. These files can be obtained by downloading from online or by backing up your own 3DS carts.
WARNING: Please follow this guide at your own risk. Deleting or changing files not in this page may brick your system. When in doubt, ask for help.
Navigation keys: [A] – select • [B] – go back • [START] – exit
- Search on google for “3ds cia files”.
- After download, extract game from zip file (example:
game.cia) to your desktop.
- Transfer the
SD > CIAdirectory located in your SD CARD. You can also FTP the files to the same directory.
- After transfer is complete, put SD Card back on the 3DS/2DS and boot the FBI app, do the same if you ftp’d the cia files.
- in FBI app go to
SD > CIA
- Select game file with [A] and choose INSTALL to install the game and keep the original CIA file, otherwise select INSTALL AND DELETE to install the game and delete the CIA file.
- If you want to install multiple CIA files, go to
SD > CIAdirectory, select and press [A] on <CURRENT DIRECTORY>. You cannot pick which CIA files it installs, it will install every CIA file in the current directory. Select options 1 or 2 below:
- Install all CIAs – will install all CIA files in the current directory.
- Install and delete all CIAs – will install all CIA files in the current directory and delete them after installation.
- Delete all CIAs – will delete all CIA files in the current directory.
- After install press the [HOME] on the 3DS/2DS and tap [X] CLOSE on the bottom screen to close the FBI app.
- Wait a few seconds and it should give you the “NEW SOFTWARE HAS BEEN ADDED” message.